Thursday 15 March 2012

Inspiration

Saw this image in a magazine and really liked the style, and the way the lighting was done in particular.



After looking the artist up on the internet I was able to find more of his work.


Source: http://www.artefato23.com.br/ and http://eduartchne.blogspot.com.au/ 

Found this and liked the way The Penguin (from Batman) looked, especially his eye piece, I think his hair and outfit would work for the Grandfather.


Source:http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoes_sheep/with/4445356873/ (Although I am doubtful that this is the original creator, it was the only place I could find with this image as I had saved it from a picture sharing site)

The montage at the beginning of ‘UP’ also inspired me. The colours, lighting and the models would be nice to try and… not copy but more… play homage to.



5 comments:

  1. Obviously it may not be totally appropriate for a Uni assignment, but why not copy them?
    You don't learn to play the piano by "paying homage to Beethoven". You copy him. You try and play what he played how he played it.

    There's nothing wrong with copying - in fact you'll find that you'll learn tricks and strengthen your own modelling and design skills by doing just that, and faster than reading theory or sitting in a lecture.
    Practice is practice, and copying isn't plagiarism until you try and tell people it's your own work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two more things.
      - Reference them damn images! I wanna know who did them too and where I can find the artist's website :)
      - PLEASE turn of the "captcha" check for the comments. Your not popular enough to have to worry about bots yet :P

      Delete
    2. I did just send you an email on how to change the captcha settings but I forgot one thing so now I'll just do it in here. Ill reference my pictures as best I can, I won't bother with the more obvious ones like the pictures from UP.
      Thanks for the advise man.

      Delete
    3. The guy's name is Christopher Uminga. Website is here: http://www.chrisuminga.com/
      (The new Google Image search is your friend)
      Also, I really like that Eduardo Silvia. His stuff is damn fine.
      Finally, why not credit the Pixar kids with the Up image? It's really easy to do nice captions with the blogger editor: Click the image and a pop-up menu gives you the "Add a Caption" option. That way you don't have to fiddle around with font-size, etc so much.

      Delete
  2. All looking good,like to see yer own designs!

    ReplyDelete